Recognizing that we all have struggles, hurts, concerns, temptations and burdens, TCC desires to provide an environment where imperfect Christians gather together for the purpose of loving one another, meeting one another’s needs and encouraging one another to love Jesus in the every day.
God desires to love His people by way of the church, and community groups are our primary avenue through which love for one another is cultivated and displayed. As members share their lives, their joys, and their struggles and as needs become evident to the community group, the group then has numerous opportunities to love each other by meeting one another’s physical needs and by coming alongside each other in life’s trials. God has provided His Word and His Spirit to encourage our souls and to give us the power to overcome our sinful desires. He has also given us His church to help us in this battle and to grow more like him. We are a broken people, and community groups remind us weekly to look to the One who saves us from sin, heals the broken-hearted, comforts the weary soul, pursues us relentlessly, and calls us “loved.” Hebrews 3:12-14
Garrick Jones shares how living life in the midst of Christ-centered community has changed things for him.
Community Group Resources
- Community Goals:Vision 2012
- Process for becoming a Community Group Leader:Process of becoming a CG Leader
- Check out the Book studies we do periodically through community groups
- Further helps:
- The Three Trees Diagram from the book How People Change by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane (adapted by Sean Cordell) is a great resource for counseling people to the heart of the issue with the gospel.
- Article entitled The Cross and Criticism by Alfred J. Poirier
- Article entitled Where To Look When You’re In Trouble – Tullian Tchividjian for speaking the Gospel to yourself and to your group.
This is a plan for a small group of three who get together for growing deeper as followers of Jesus. Organic and Organized is the vision for these groups. Many times these groups are formed within community groups. This is not a class but a cultivation of life-on-life relationships where you learn as you pray together, read the Bible together, eat together, and simply do life together for approximately a year. These O2 groups also equip you to lead others as we believe we are all called not only to BE followers of Jesus but to MAKE followers of Jesus.
Year One Goals: Learn to Live in Community, Grow in Humility, Know the Gospel, Apply the Gospel, Learn to Study your Bible
For more information, contact email@example.com.