Our Mission: We exist to spread among all peoples a joyful love for Jesus Christ in all things for the glory of God.
Our Vision: We seek to do that by…
- Treasuring Christ
- Pursuing Community
- Loving the World
The Vision Explained
Treasuring Christ is our prayer for you. It is the healthiest response to the gospel. We desire to be a people who love what is most valuable and that is Jesus Christ. So as a church we will seek to lead one another to genuine and ongoing faith in Jesus, which involves turning away from the fleeting pleasures of sin to the superior and lasting pleasures of Jesus Christ (John 3:19-20; 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10).
We are not designed to live our lives alone. We need community. We need one another. So we provide community groups that meet in homes in hopes of cultivating vibrant communities of faith where God’s word is central to our gatherings. We want believers to move from initial faith into applying biblical principles to every aspect of life, thus creating a community that is continuously growing up to look more like Jesus. Such maturity necessarily involves God’s people in deep and lasting relationships of encouragement, edification, sacrificial love, and accountability.
…Loving the World
God loves the world and so his followers should too. Because such marvelous grace has been shown to those who trust in Jesus, these followers of Christ are committed to live sacrificial lives of love to show others God’s free grace available for them. As we labor to sustain and increase the faith and maturity of the church, we desire to equip one another for the labor of love all over the world. We hope to play a part in spreading a great vision of God to this city, this region, this state, this country, and to the ends of the earth. We desire to live on mission with Jesus in the everyday of life. We desire to reach our neighborhoods as we live with gospel-intentionality. We desire to reach this region, state, country and world through planting new churches in areas that need more of a gospel presence in order to bring the gospel to bear on hurting lives and to be a part of encouraging, restoring, and revitalizing any existing churches.
WE ARE PURSUING:
- Bible-saturation- We want to be saturated with the word of God in order that we may be nurtured ourselves, growing deep in him, and in order that we may have a foundation upon which to teach, reprove, correct, and train the church in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Prayerfulness- In desperate anticipation, we long to be driven by prayer because it is the power for all of life and a reflection of our absolute dependence upon Christ for all things (Philippians 4:6-8; Ephesians 6:16-17).
- Joy in God – We believe God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him; therefore, we want people to find full joy in God even in and through suffering and see the pleasures of sin as fleeting and hopeless (Psalm 37:4;100:2; 2 Corinthians 6:10; Philippians 3:1).
- A Community of Grace- The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of grace. Having been rescued from our sin by the grace of God, we want to create an environment where we remind one another of grace especially when we make mistakes. Seeing the church as the primary context for growing in this gospel of grace, we will regularly talk about the evidences of God’s grace, point one another to our need for Christ, fight alongside one another against sin with the promises of God, and act in His grace for the joy of the church and for His glory (Acts 20:24; Galatians 1:6; Ephesians 2:8).
- Humility- God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble, so we desire to be a church that cultivates humility through intimate relationships, care, confession of sin, forgiveness, inviting correction, admonishment, meaningful church membership, church discipline, and gospel encouragement (1 Thess. 5:12-13; 1 Peter 5:5b-7).
- Biblical Roles- Believing that submission is necessary for healthy living and seeing that God’s order is the best order, we gladly promote a plurality of elders (humble male pastors) and deacons (the exemplary servants) to lead the church. The church is to equip husbands and wives to fulfill their different, yet complementary roles, to train parents to raise Christ-adoring kids, and to foster healthy biblical relationships for singles (1 Tim 2:8-3:17; Ephesians 5:22-6:4; 1 Corinthians 7:32-38).
Loving the World
- Intentional Living- Believing the church is not a building or simply what you do Sunday, we want to be a community of believers that is intentional with all of life from where we live, to how we spend our money knowing that God has placed us where we are for the spreading of His fame (Matthew 28:19; 1Corinthians 10:31-33).
- Compassion- Stirred up by biblical commands, compassion for people drives us to lay down our lives for the poor, diseased, abused, and brokenhearted (Psalm 147:1-3; Jeremiah 22:16; Matthew 25:31-46; Galatians 2:10).
- Harmony- Harmony among all races and socio-economic groups will display the power of the gospel, help mature the church, and will enable us to reflect heaven more clearly (Ephesians 3:10; Revelation 5:9).
- Multiplication- People who have been changed by grace want to see more lives transformed. We not only want to grow as followers of Christ but we want to multiply God’s church by making more followers of Jesus through life-on-life, community groups, church planting, and church reformation among all peoples (Matthew 28:19-20; Psalm 67:4-5).